Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Accents?!!! Funny or die....



Ok, I know in our last class we talked about certain accents in English. It seemed like a lot of us had fun while listening to accents and the differences among them, so here are a couple of videos that I've found online, they are pretty funny. So, check 'em out ! ;)











 This is also very good listening practice especially for the EFL majors. Try to listen to these accents a few times so
next time you watch news or a movie, you will be able to tell differences among foreign and local accents. And eventually, with time, you will name the accents like a boss ! :)









  So far so good ?? If you get this video with the comedian to your right, you are already making progress ;)








Can you actually imitate some of the accents that you've heard? Me and my roommates are doing it right now...its good fun :)

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I found them very funny and imitating these accents raises my enthusiasm towards learning and using English :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great videos. The Italian Man who went to Malta is classic. I wonder if any teacher has ever used this in class? The 'I would like a hamburger' is probably more usable in many contexts, but again, I don't know of any teacher who has used this with students. It would be neat to come up with a simple lesson plan.

    Great to see you embedding media, and using layout options to put text to the left or right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahaha Lol i really enjoy thanks :) they are so funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. heheh. These videos are very enjoyful. I find them funny. I think they include a message which is importance of pronunciation. Poor the man in the first video heheh:). He returned back because of his pronunciation or accent:)

    ReplyDelete